I think I've figured out what is wrong with Avery.
She was always this happy go lucky baby.
Then 3 days ago she started crying everytime I put her down.
Or if someone wasn't talking to her or playing with her.
She cries when I leave the room.
I can't get anything done, it's crazy!
This isn't my baby I swear!
She continues to sleep all night and takes her naps as usual and doesn't have a fever..
so I hate to take her to the doctor only for them to tell me nothing is wrong with her.

But thanks to google I found this...

How to handle baby separation anxiety at 6 months old

If your 6-month-old baby cries when you leave the room, she might be suffering from a new fear known as baby separation anxiety. The best way to calm your baby is to leave, wait for a minute or two, and then return. Repeating this pattern, at progressively longer intervals will help her realize that you always come back. When you soothe and calm your fussy baby, she gets the message that all is well. It is a message that will stay with her as she grows.

Really??
I don't remember this with my other kids.
Fun times.


Comments

Heather said…
I'm going through that right now. If I leave the room for a little while he'll cry and then calm down and play with a toy...sometimes. He's needy. I'm trying to "appreciate" his neediness since it won't last forever. With my other kids it went away when they could crawl after me.
Ruthie said…
You'll both figure it out. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck.

Love you!
MOM

Popular Posts