{ speechless } 
After Kohen said what he said in my previous post 
I decided I better get a pregnancy test to calm my nerves. 
I always buy them from the Dollar Store because I'm cheap. 
This was Jan 27th. 
I have used them for the last 2 years whenever I "think" 
I'm pregnant and they have always been 100% negative. 
But this time there was a really faint 2nd pink line. 
So faint that I wasn't completely convinced and just blew it off. 

I went to work that night,applied for a full time job, 
and had an interview scheduled for the next day at 1pm. 
Friday morning I decide to take another Dollar Store test.
If I am pregnant I am not going back to work full time.
This time the 2nd pink line was a little bit darker and I freaked out!

I called my friend Laura and asked her if she trusted Dollar Store tests. 
She says NO and tells me she's at the store 
and that she'll buy me real test and bring it over.
Well even the real test showed a positive result 
confirming that yes, in fact I am pregnant! 

I could hardly breathe. 
I was completely shocked, but very excited! 
We just told the boys and our families yesterday 
by sending them this text...  

So it's official, baby is due on my birthday October 8th.
I'm only in my 5th week and have a long way to go.
It's always a little nerve racking getting through the first trimester, 
so hopefully all goes well and we'll keep you posted!

Comments

est1978 said…
Couldn't be more excited!
marion family said…
We are SO SO SO very excited!
Adrienne said…
Hey Shan Congratulations!! I just heard from your Mom this morning. We love you! Give your cute boys a hug from us!! Take care!
Kiersti said…
Aaaaaah!! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!!
Lori Collett said…
Woot Woot!! So excited for you :) Can't wait to find out what you are having... How are you feeling?
Heather said…
Yay! Congrats! Keep us posted.
Anonymous said…
better you then me!!

love you shan and new baby growing

Addy
shannan maio said…
Kids know when something is up....That is great news! Keep us posted
Ruthie said…
I told everyone in my family about the baby. Nobody in your dad's. I'll leave that up to him. Everybody says congratulations. They're excited for you. Kohen's story gave them all goose bumps. Everyone at my work knows too. I talk so much about my family they feel like they know you. Hope you feel good.

Love ya!
MOM
Anna said…
Congrats! I really don't think I can do #3. Best of luck to all of you!
Brooke said…
Holy sh*t!! Good thing I logged onto your blog today or else I wouldn't have known until October probably lol. Congratulations!!!
Laura B. said…
Yay Yay Yay!!!! So excited!!!
Nicholle said…
Ohh! So exciting for you guys. Congratulations!
Julie said…
So I'm not great at following your blog because I forget to check it a lot. Well, I figured I see what y'all were up to today and look what I found! How exciting! Congratulations!
@mie said…
This just makes me smile!!! =)
Thinking lots of pink thoughts on your behalf!!! =)

Popular Posts