{Pregnancy update }
Technically I am 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant as of today.
So that means I was getting a little bit ahead of myself :)
Tomorrow I will be 14 weeks.
I will try to keep better track of that.
I had another appt today.
It was a quick "check the baby's heartbeat" type of appointment.
Baby's heart rate is at 160 bpm so I decided to look online for gender predictions and found this" 
 
"Is it a Boy or a Girl, the old wives tale suggest that fetal heart rates above 140 bpm are a sure sign it's going to be a girl and fetal heart rates below 140 bpm mean it's a boy.  This "theory" is based on the fact that girls have higher metabolisms than boys, unfortunately there is no statistical proof to verify this tale and in fact the evidence indicates that therre is no relationship between heart rate and sex."

So I am at a loss again for any way other than the ultrasound to determine this baby's sex.
And doc said I won't have that for another 8 weeks...ugh.
Well, it is what it is.

I don't normally talk about weight and weight gain during pregnancy
because I really don't worry about it.
I eat what I want, when I want and that's that.
But I did gain 5 lbs. since last appt.
If it starts getting out of control I will stop with the weight gain updates!

And last thing...doc asked if this was going to be my last baby.
I quickly said "YES" because I've heard if you hesitate at all they might not tie your tubes.
She said she will put a note on my paperwork that tubes will be tied during c-section.
Hey...one less thing to worry about in the coming years ahead...thank goodness :)

Comments

Kiersti said…
Do they have Fetal Fotos out in your neck of the woods? I'm way too impatient - 16/17 weeks I am in that studio getting the "find out" ultrasound.
I sure hope it's a girl :)

Popular Posts