{I am the devil}
I just posted an ad on Craigslist.
It was for my dogs.
I really wanted these dogs and still do.
I just can't see myself having a new baby and taking care of 2 dogs.
I've been asking my boys over the past few weeks if they are ok with me giving them away.
At first all 3(including Regan) said "NO".
I just decided I would have to live with it, after all I'm the one that got these dogs anyway...right?
But yesterday Regan told me at dinner that he would be ok with me giving the dogs away.
And both Kohen and Kaden gave me the ok too.
We will all just sit and cry for a day, get some icecream & hopefully move on.
Regan told me I have to promise him that I will not get another dog, ever.
I promised.
But I still feel like the devil.
 

Comments

Lori Collett said…
See... I'm not the only one. I was so sad when Nate took Jazz away, but he knew that I couldn't do a dog and a baby. There are times even now that I don't know how I handle the three kids and the dog, and some days I feel like throwing in the towel. You aren't the devil, just wanting more for your dogs than you can give. Totally understandable!
Anonymous said…
been there, done that. felt like the worst person EVER. kids cried, i cried. we went through it all too.

just today, the new owners emailed me a picture of Marlow and i wanted to cry!!!!! then i remembered all the poop and it was all better.

karter still wears the dogs name tag on a necklace almost every day. ella could care less we got ride of her:)

xoxo
marion family said…
So sad.
Ruthie said…
So sorry Shan. You're dogs are really good dogs and I'm not a big fan of any kind of pet. Life is full of choices. Some make us happy and some make us sad. You have to do what's best for your family. Just remember why you got the dogs in the first place. Love you guys.

MOM

Popular Posts