{ The Day Lily Ran Away }
True Story

I've been meaning to post this story on here ever since it happened,
but I just haven't had the chance to sit down and type it out.
It was Feb 17th, our wedding anniversary, appx. 2 :45 pm.
I let the dogs out to go "pottie" like I always do before we leave to pick up Kaden from school.
It was a nice warm, sunny day and Lily ran off on me.
Mya of course came in the house like a good girl.
I had to pick Kaden up at 2:55 so I decided to get me and Kohen
in the car in hopes that we would see her on our way out to get Kaden.
Nope. She was nowhere to be seen.
As we were patiently waiting for Kaden to get out of school, 
which seemed like FOREVER, I was scared out of my mind!
I tell Kaden what happened and asked them if we should say a prayer that we will find her.
We say a quick prayer in the car and my only thoughts are
it's been 20 minutes now, she doesn't have her tags on, 
it will be a miracle if we find her.
After an hour of knocking on neighbors doors and Kaden riding his bike around
the neighborhood looking for her we were done. 
Kaden was teary eyed, this is the dog that sleeps with him every night.
I tell them to get in the car and we'll give it one last attempt.
For some reason I decided to go out onto the main road and
drive the back way into our neighborhood.
Keep in mind that this is Iowa and lots of open land to search and drive around.
I kept asking the boys if they were going to be alright if we don't find her,
even though I knew they wouldn't be alright.
As we were pulling in the back way into the neighborhood 
I saw a truck pulling out with a dog kennel in the back.
We were about two blocks down and I wasn't 100% sure.
I raced after the truck following it for about 5 minutes
until we both reached a stop light.
I pulled up along side of it and the side of the truck said "Animal Services".
We waived at the guy and he rolled his window down.
We asked him if he had a boston terrier in the back of his truck.
He said "yes".
He told us to pull over at the high school and he'll give her back to us.
I was so relieved I was shaking and choked up.
All over a stupid dog.
A stupid dog that my boys and I love to death!
We also learned a lesson that day about the power of prayer, 
it really was a miracle that we were at the right place at the right time to find her.


Comments

est1978 said…
I'd say that was an answer to your prayers, what a good experience for your boys. Glad you found her.

Popular Posts