{ Memories }

  
Every once in a while Regan will bring home an item from his work for free that was either
returned or the box was damaged or who knows why, but this time it was a bread maker!
We finally pulled it out of the box and tried it out for the first time today.
The bread was cooking and I had a roast in the oven and the smell reminded me of my grandma.
She usually made a roast on Sunday and always had homemade bread with strawberry jam.
I've been missing her and I know she would be so proud of me making my first loaf of bread.
(technically I didn't make it, but she would still be proud!)

My mom called me a few months ago to tell me about a dream that she had about my grandma.
I guess before she passed away she was a little nervous about seeing grandpa again, 
and wondered if he still loved her after all these years of being apart.
And in the dream my mom said that grandma told her that grandpa still looks at her with his "googly eyes".
Which of course means that he still loves her and that she is happy.
Miss you grandma....
 

 

Comments

Heather said…
I've been thinking of her too. I got a mini bread pan from her house when she died and have made a mini loaf every time I make bread now. WHat a sweet woman.
marion family said…
Your grandma was such a sweet amazing woman. There could never be a person who doesn't love her, what a sweet thing she was concerned about. That made my day.
F@y said…
Lucky!

Popular Posts