{Giving Thanks}

Well it's that time of year when you start thinking about 
all the things you have to be thankful for,
and I don't even know where to begin.

I didn't know it would be such an amazing experience to live here in Iowa
and that is truly one thing I am so thankful for...that we got to live here.
Don't get me wrong, I miss my family terribly!
But I would have missed out on the chance to meet all my amazing Iowa friends!

I have best friends here that I would have the hardest time leaving.
Friends that spoil me on my birthday, are there for me and my family
and who have shown me what true friendship is.

My next door neighbor and friend, Melissa
brought me this thoughtful gift for my birthday!
She knows how much I love photos and I just love it!

See, I have the most amazing friends ever!

With all of that being said...my family is my #1 blessing in my life!
Regan, my boys, my family, my in-laws....you name it I am one lucky girl!
I am thankful that I get to come home everyday to a relaxing, loving home.
Even when life gets stressful, I am so thankful that I get to come home to a loving family.
I hear too many people at work complaining about their spouse or families and 
it makes me feel really sad for them.  Everyone should get to be as lucky as me.

Last thing...I am so thankful for the gospel in my life!
Living here has also given me a better perspective on what the saints endured.
Being able to visit Nauvoo, carthage and the church sights in Missouri has really touched my life.
I love how we go to church to become better, not because we are perfect.
I am far from perfect and that's why I am so grateful for our gospel!
I'm thankful that living here has helped my testimony to grow.

One of my cousins posted these quotes on her blog and I wanted to share them with you...

"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man...it is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest. Once the element of competition has gone, pride has gone." ---C.S. Lewis

"Fifty was my favorite age. It takes about that long to learn to quit competing-to be yourself and settle down to living. It is the age I would like to be through eternity." ---Marjorie Hinkley

...thanks Heather :)
It's hard to live your life without feeling like you want more or need more, 
but I am going to work harder to try to be happy just where I'm at.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

est1978 said…
We're thankful for you Shan. Thanks for your thoughts and reminding us of what is most important. We love you!
Heather said…
Me too Shan, me too.
Ruthie said…
Love you and miss you too.

MOM

Popular Posts