Remember this picture:

I just couldn't take the brown mouldings any longer. It just wasn't the look I was going for when I painted the walls denim. I started searching the internet for ideas and found this...


I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted to frame all of my mirrors to give my bathrooms a new look.
It didn't look that hard so off to Home Depot I went.
I searched and searched for the perfect mouldings to create my framed mirrors but nothing was coming together. 
I wanted to do it all on my own without Regan's help.
I finally gave up and decided that I'm going to need his help after all & decided to do this instead:


All i needed was some primer. I had everything else.
Here's the outcome:


I couldn't be happier!
It turned out even better than I imagined!
It finally looks the way I wanted it to.
I just need to find me some cute floor mats, 
knobs for the cabinet doors & 
some type of shelving to go above the toilet.

This is what I'm up against now:
I am going to attempt to paint all the mouldings
on the upper level. I am testing the moulding to the
far left to see if it can be done without primer
to save me some time....we'll see.
And I will have my framed mirrors as soon as I
can convince Regan to help me ;) 
I love, love, love them!

Comments

est1978 said…
I like that look too Shan. Way to go!

Holly
Lori Collett said…
THat's hard work! Good job :) I'm totally impressed. Nate would never help me on a project like that ha ha ha... which means I would never start it in the first place!

Can't wait to see the rest!!!

p.s. tons of the houses in Georgia have framing around the bathroom mirrors. It looks amazing! If you do it, you'll love it!
Melissa Serrano said…
Do your mirrors not go against the wall? All of ours are wall to wall, so there isn't any room for a frame! We're lame and only painted Elena's bathroom... I'm so sick of painting after we moved in and recently with the baby's room (even though I personally didn't paint it!!) that the thought of even painting the basement makes me nauseous!!! =)
Ruthie said…
I really like Shan. Good job. It totally makes the bathroom look better. You always have a project going. I wish I had some of your energy. Looks good.

Love,
MOM
Nicholle said…
Looks great! I've always enjoyed your decorating taste, so classy! ;)
F@y said…
Oh my! I love it! Denim? Who would have thought denim! Someone smart and creative that is!
Laura B. said…
It looks so great! I can't wait for you to do the mirrors! If you need help, let me know! i love a project!

Popular Posts