It's hard to remember

 I seem to forget that my 3 year old is only 3.
When I look at him and see him interacting with other kids
I don't see a 3 year old.
But last night when I called the boys from work, 
I heard Kohen talking in the background
and he sounded like a 3 year old.
And maybe sometimes I expect more from him
because in my brain somewhere 
I think he's older than he really is.
He keeps asking when his birthday is...
he wants to be five he says.
In a few more months we'll be celebrating his 4th birthday.
I can't believe it!
I need to remember that he is my baby
and to not wish these years away, 
they won't be here forever.

there are days when I catch myself saying, 
"only one more year til kindergarten" 
but I know it will actually break my heart when he starts school.
On my way to work yesterday it felt like I was forgetting something
because I was all alone in the car, and it felt kinda weird.
Usually I like the peaceful quietness of driving by myself to work.
Whatever it was, I guess I needed that reminder yesterday.

Comments

Ruthie said…
Enjoy every day with that cute little Kohen. Before you know it he will be grown up and you'll wish he wasn't. I love three year olds.

Love,
Mom & Grandma
Lori Collett said…
I feel that way about William at times. I expect so much from him because he's the oldest. But he's only 6! There are times when I look at him, and I see that 2 year old that was my constant companion before Owen was born! We need to let them be kids, because they'll be grown before we know it, and I know I'll be sad then...
Melissa Serrano said…
Very, very true. I'm excited for Elena to start preschool to learn how to follow directions and all that, but I know that once she learns it all, she won't be the same and I will wish she was right back to being her 2 (almost 3) year old self! =)
Laura B. said…
Amen.

Popular Posts