Looking back on 2009....

January
If I had to pick the highlight of 2009 it would have to be Kaden's baptism. We made the drive back to Utah so that he could be baptized with his Uncle Jackson last January.  It was a really special day, one that we will never forget!

I also started my Scentsy business. Surprisingly I am still selling it a year later! I can't say that I've tried my hardest to be a great salesman, but people like the stuff and so do I, luckily it sells itself!

February
Regan and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.  We really do have a great marriage and I'm looking forward to celebrating our big 10 year anniversary this year!

 
ahhhh...we were so young back then!! Time flies so fast.
March
  my sweet parents came to visit us. We really enjoyed showing them around Iowa and we took a trip up to Minneapolis to the Mall of America.


and we can't forget the 80's Murder Mystery Party either...
April

we started Kaden's baseball season. He is a pretty consistent player and his coach asked him if he wanted to play on their AAU team next year(some type of accelerated league). It doesn't hurt that Kaden is a pretty big kid too ;)

here's a picture of Kohen wishing he was out on the field playing too...he's already told me that I have to sign him up for baseball this year. Hopefully they have a league for 3 year olds!


In May and June we put a lot of work into our yard and started a garden.  The boys chased after frogs and fireflies and we dodged our first tornado!


All of our hard work finally amounting to something!
July
 July was a busy month for us. We took our first trip to Nauvoo and LOVED it!
We also took a trip to the Living History Farms, rode a dirt bike for the first time, spent a majority of our day at the pool,
took a drive to the Amana Colonies & had our first cubscout family campout.

August
 Kaden started 3rd grade

and we took a trip with some awesome friends to see the American Idol concert in Kansas City
things to mention...Kohen finally got off of his bottle and binkie this month too!

September brought us to Chicago to see Addy, Chase & the girls! Wow, it was a fun, quick little trip!
Love these girls!
Kohen also started his first day of preschool
October

Kaden earned his wolf badge, Kohen went on his first preschool fieldtrip & Halloween was a blast!

November
We finally finished the basement this month! Wahoo!! And it's been so worth it!
"New Moon" premiere, Thanksgiving & Black Friday shopping with the girls was lots of fun too!


December
We've been snowed in with frigid temps for the most part of December. Santa was still able to make it to our house, we went bowling and the boys have had several sleepovers.

I'm glad I took a while to reflect back on what a great year 2009 has been for us.  We got to do so many things and see so many new places! I guess we'll have to see what 2010 has in store for us. Happy New Year everyone!


Photobucket

Comments

Anonymous said…
Loved the pictures, wish we could have been more a part of them, maybe this year!

Love
Holly

Popular Posts