Many Things to be Thankful for

I just love this picture of my grandma taken by my cousin Heather. My grandma means so much to so many people and I am so thankful for her in my life.
She has been in and out of the hospital recently and has been struggling with her health. She has lived such a great life and I am thankful that I have been able to say my goodbyes just in case she doesn't make it. I've always wanted to tell her just how much she means to me, by letter, or face-to-face and just never took advantage of that opportunity. Sometimes it's when something bad happens that you realize you better do it before it's too late. I am so thankful for technology and being able to see her and talk with her on the webcam. I wish I could be there to hug her and tell her how much I love her. I am so thankful for her kindness, I have always felt so loved by her. She is one of those amazing people that loves all of her children and grandchildren equally. I am thankful for all the times in my life when she was there for me...my blessing day, my baptism day, my volleyball games, my wedding day, my sons blessings and Kaden's baptism. Those are just a few of the special days I can recall at the moment...there are so many more. What makes it so amazing is that she has 11 children, so you can imagine how many grandchildren and great grandchildren she has and she always made it to all of our special occasions...that's amazing! She is the most giving, selfless person I know.  Always giving service to others, that's what she lived for. I am thankful for all the Sunday evenings we spent at grandma's house with all my aunts, uncles and cousins making memories that will last forever. I am thankful for all the hours she spent making her strawberry jam and homemade bread for us. She taught me how to play the piano. I am just so thankful for this amazing woman and I am so proud to call her my grandma! XOXO

I want my family and Regan's family to know how thankful I am for them! It's that time of year when we wish we could be back home with them, to enjoy the holidays  together.  Just know that we love you and miss you!

Last thing, my 3 boys. I am so thankful for them! Thankful for Regan because he is that person that makes me happy...completely! I am thankful for Kaden because he is the rock in our family. He is so easy going, rarely complains and helps me in so many ways! I am thankful for Kohen because he is by my side all day and never wants to leave me. He makes me feel needed. He's always calling me "honey" and it makes me smile!

We hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Comments

Oh my this post made me cry!! I just love your Grandma Betty. She truly is one of THE nicest, most caring, and genuine persons I have ever met. She is a great example to all of how serving we should be to everyone.
Anonymous said…
Shan, we're thankful for you, you don't know how many times John and I have said what a blessing you are in our family. We too are greatful for the times we had with your grandmother, what a very special person she is. We love you.

Holly
Nicholle said…
Such a great post! Thanks for sharing.
aww...she really is so sweet. she welcomed me (and i'm sure all the inlaws) with open arms. i love her too.

I want this picture, did heather take it? i want it, email it to me, full size?? dlrobinson02@yahoo.com
Ruthie said…
I know another very thoughtful person, you Shanna. You always seem to know the right thing to say. We are so grateful for Regan who takes care of you and our two cute boys. He really does make it easier for us with you being so far away. Shanna you are an awesome mom and wife. We are grateful for you. Wish we were sharing Thanksgiving with you. We love you so much

MOM

Popular Posts