Getting ready for the holidays

We missed all of our family on Thanksgiving, but were able to have a great one here in Iowa with some really great friends!  I didn't take any pictures, but my friend Laura posted some on her blog, so click HERE if you want to see them. Great food and great company, it was a Thanksgiving that I will never forget. My friends are hardcore when it comes to black Friday and convinced me to wake up at 2am and go shopping with them. It was a success and I guess it was worth it because I was able to get all the door busters on my list. It took me 2 whole days to catch up on my sleep though.

Regan got the lights on the house. I convinced him to go with the red and white ones this year. It was a miracle that the chubby snowman survived last winter, but he did. We'll see if he can make it through another Iowa winter...



The tree..


The fireplace and stockings...

Happy Holidays!!

Comments

Lori Collett said…
I love red and white lights!!! I'll have to drive by and see them.
Anonymous said…
Shan, your house looks so festive, I love it! I looked at your Thanksgiving pictures, it looks like you had a great time. We missed you though.

BIG hugs,
Holly
Julie said…
It looks awesome! I too love the lights. We've never decorated the outside but it looks like fun. I love your tree skirt too!
Ruthie said…
Everything looks festive. You're house decorations always look good. We missed you on Thanksgiving. I was sick and Dad was sick on Sunday. Great four days off. No work though. Maybe next year we can do Thanksgiving.

Love,
MOM

Popular Posts