The theme for this month was "Jungle Safari" so I decided to create a
"Haunted Jungle" that the boys got to go through...

-the haunted lake-
-under the branches with cobwebs-
-sifting through dead bugs to find a prize-
-the haunted cave-
-sticking their hands in human guts-

Even if it wasn't really that scary I hope they still had fun!
We ate spider cookies, jungle animal cookies and sugar cookies.

(I'm not sure why these pictures are so grainy...sorry)
Kaden is an army guy this year if you couldn't tell. This month he earned his wolf badge, 1 gold arrowpoint, 2 silver arrowpoints & his collectors belt loop. He had to drink wolf blood to prove that he is ready to move on to be a bear....the second picture shows his face after drinking it.This kid is the pickiest eater so I'm not surprised that he though it was disgusting. Oh, but he will eat school lunch...which doesn't make much sense at all.

Kaden, we are so proud of you and your hard work!!


Believe it or not, I am still the cubmaster over the cub scouts.  I finally feel like I know what I'm doing after being in it for a year now! It is very much a learning experience for me.  I had no clue about scouting and wasn't really excited for Kaden to join cub scouts.  But I have learned otherwise and I am so glad I get to share this experience with him.  I have learned that scouting is a huge part in a boys life and will help shape them to be successful men later in life.  I read an article in the Scouting Magazine this month titled "Build a Better Boy" written by Michael Gurian who also wrote a book called "The Purpose of Boys".It mainly talks about the importance of helping our sons find meaning, significance, and direction in their lives.It's a great article and if you have a son you should read it.  I am going to read the book too...I'll let you know if it's worth reading or not.  So, that's my plug on scouting...I am glad I learned how important it is for my boys!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad you like scouting, I keep telling everyone that it's one of my favorite callings. Scouting is an important part of a boy's life. I just wish I could thank all the people who helped when Regan was in scouts. That looks like you had a great pack meeting, what a fun idea.
Way to go Kaden!

Love
Grammy

Popular Posts