Belly Button Bubble

Well that's what we are calling it anyway. It was the weirdest thing, Kohen came up to me Friday morning and said his belly button hurt. There was a small red bubble inside of it so I figured we better go to the doctor.

The first diagnosis: Urachal Cyst. Something that would have to be surgically removed. So she put him on an antibiotic and said if it starts leaking or he gets a fever take him to the emergency room. As a mom that's the last thing you want to hear, that your child needs surgery even if it's just minor surgery.

Everything seemed fine until Saturday morning, he had some drainage and it looked bigger. I decided we better just take him to the ER.

The second diagnosis: Just an infection. They made sure with an ultrasound and had a few surgeons come look at it. They reassured me that it was just an infection, sent us home with another antibiotic and said that he might have to come back in to have it drained when it has softened up. So good news...no surgery! That's a huge relief to me.

I added the 3rd picture on here to show you that he's always had this weird bump on his belly button. Regan and I have questioned his previous doctors about it, but all of them have said that it was nothing to worry about.....hmmmm now I kinda wonder....take a look and see for yourself. That picture was taken a year ago, you can see the bump. I wonder if doctors even know what they are talking about sometimes....let's hope that this time they are right and it's just an infection.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ouch! that's all i can say. poor little guy. lets hope this fixes it for good eh?

keep safe- take care,

Addy (with Karter watching over my shoulder)

poor kohen. love karter
Anonymous said…
It definitely looks different now then it did, to me at least. Good luck with everything and tell Kohen we hope he feels better!

Caitlin and Zac
Ruthie said…
It looks painful. Get better buddy.

Love,
Grandma

Popular Posts