First day of 3rd grade

I could tell that Kaden was so excited to go back to school. He woke up early and was ready to go about an hour before school started. On the way to school I asked Kaden if he wanted Kohen and I to walk him in to school, and he said "No, I'll be okay." Then I asked him again just to make sure, because we all know I really wanted to, and he said "well, do whatever you want mom." I know he didn't want to hurt my feeling by saying no. So, I stayed strong and just let him walk in to school all by himself, holding back my tears. I'm so proud of my big boy and I'm so excited for him to be back in school, he loves it! And I can't wait to pick him up this afternoon and hear all about his first day at school!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you know, there aren't a lot of things i miss in life... but Kaden sure tugs at my heart string. i miss him so bad. can i have him please? i'll send a plane!

Addy
Anonymous said…
p.s. Happy first day of school you cool cool third grader!

addy
Anonymous said…
Happy first day of third grade, Kaden, grandma will get it right, what's this with starting school in the middle of the week. I bet that you'll love this year! BIG hugs.

Grammy

Shan, you know there's just some of our kids that make us tear up when they go off to school, then there's the others... but we still love them.
Heather said…
McKinley wanted to walk with her friends on her first day, and she's only in FIRST grade! What is up?! Luckily I have her word that when she grows up and gets married she will still live with me.
Anna said…
He is growing up so fast!
Ruthie said…
I miss just seeing Kaden when I want. Pictures are nice but just not the same. I can't believe Kaden is in third grade already. Where did the time go?

MOM

Popular Posts