basement update

I know my next post was going to be about shoes, but a miracle has happened and it has taken priority over the post about shoes. We were at a standstill on finishing the basement for a few weeks. All the framing and electrical work was done and the next step was drywall. Regan and I both know how hard this next step is. Just trying to figure out how to get it from Home Depot to the basement was giving me a headache. I just wanted to pay the $50 to have them drop it all off at the house. (they would not carry it down to the basement though) Regan did not want to pay the $50...so one day I came home from work and saw that he had picked up 12 sheets of drywall. We then managed to get it to the basement, it actually wasn't too hard. And for 2 hours straight, with the help of Kaden and I, Regan was able to finish the entire ceiling!!! I am breathing a sigh of relief, I never thought we would've accomplished this part of it. Now it's just finishing the walls, which is a million times easier than the ceiling! Just 24 more pieces of drywall to carry to the basement...we can handle that! I love my husband and all the hard work he puts into our house, he amazes me at all the things he can do!


Comments

How fun!!! I loved watching Jake and Jed finish his room downstairs. It's so fun to watch it come along!
Anonymous said…
Good job Regan and Shanna! That's hard work, especially when there's just the two of you. I need to send John out there. Hope Kaden had a great day at his first day of 3rd grade. BIG Hugs!

Grammy
Lori Collett said…
YAY!!! He's doing an awesome job! Have him call Nate if he needs help carrying more drywall!
Ruthie said…
I thought I told you Shan not to carry sheetrock. I'm paying for it from years ago. Always helped your dad carry heavy stuff because he wouldn't ask a neighbor for help.

MOM

Popular Posts