Summertime


Regan took some days off from work just to hang out with me and the boys. We really wanted to make the drive back home to SLC, but it just didn't happen. The biggest problem was trying to convince me to make that 16 hour drive again. It's rough. And then we have a cubscout family campout this Friday and we just can't miss it!! So, instead of heading back home we just hung out in Iowa doing random fun things.

Golf. The boys have been begging Regan to take them golfing. Even I decided to play & I actually really like it alot! The guy at the counter asked Regan if he had to pull my arm to make me play...I'm sure the guy would find it hard to believe that I actually LOVE sports and really wanted to play. I'm sure some of you would like to know what the score was, but we didn't keep track.(at the end Regan did say that he thought mom won)






We also wanted to drive to the Amana Colonies. It was about a 2 hour drive(we thought it would only be 1 hour) It wasn't what we expected, it was pretty much a bigger version of Gardner Village with lots of little shops, antiques and free wine tasting. The majority of the people there were "older" people and I'm sure they were just there for the wine!! The kids were pretty bored but let me go through some of the shops. We did get a few postcards that we will be sending off in the mail soon and a huge pepperoni stick(see picture #2 below).

Comments

Ruthie said…
That bites to drive that far for shops. Sorry it wasn't more fun.

Love,
MOM

Popular Posts