It must've been the calm before the storm

A few hours after my last post about lazy Sunday afternoons, we received a weather alert stating that a severe weather warning had been issued. We looked at the radar and the storm was about 30 minutes away and I had to get my movie back to Redbox.(I was not going to waste another $1 on Mamma Mia!) So we all hopped in the car not really thinking that it would be much of a storm, because we've had about a million severe weather warnings since we've lived here. We've been here 10 months now and have yet to hear the tornado sirens go off. Of course there was a mile long line at Redbox. I kept looking at the sky thinking that storm looks pretty nasty, hurry up. By the time I returned the movie raindrops had started and the storm looked like it was almost here. We get home to hear that a tornado had touched down 20 miles from where we lived and that the storm was heading our way & would be here in about 15 minutes. At this point I still wasn't nervous or scared. Kaden on the other hand was! He kept telling me mom hurry up let's get downstairs. I was brushing my teeth and just taking my time getting everything down in the basement, just in case. I did happen to look out the window and it was black and the streets were empty. And then the tornado sirens started going off...ok fine, I guess it's time to get to the basement. So the storm came and luckily no tornado for us. One touched down west of us and another one just east of us. Nothing too crazy happened, just loud thunder, hail and about 3 inches of rain. We heard that some trees were knocked down and my friends trampoline was destroyed. It was pretty exciting and scary all at the same time. And it was hard getting the boys to sleep, they were still pretty nervous. So much for my lazy Sunday.

Comments

@mie said…
Just when things feel calm ... LOL =) I am with you on Mamma Mia. I will never understand musicals ...
Ruthie said…
I'm glad that a tornado didn't touch down anywhere around you. Dad saw on the computer web site that trees were down in Ankey. Too close for me. I bet Kaden was scared. It's all new to him. Love you guys. Glad you're safe.

Love,
Mom & Grandma
Heather said…
Oh my goodness! I'm with Kaden, I would be very scared!
Jill said…
Scary! How far away are the tornado sirens?

I love your family pictures. they turned out so cute!

Popular Posts