Marley & Me

We rented Marley & Me this weekend and loved it! But it brought back some memories of our little Maddie girl. Here's our Maddie story...

It all started with Regan. He wanted a boxer so bad. I wasn't really that into boxers so I figured it wouldn't hurt to just go look at the new puppies. Little did I know I would fall in love with boxers and of course we ended up taking her home!

Kaden loved her! They were always together.

But as you all know it's a lot of hard work! Here she is biting my shirt. She was one crazy, out of control dog.

Regan wanted her ears cropped. I did not. Regan won that battle. This was her face the day he brought her home after getting it done. So sad and not happy. She wouldn't even look at him for a week. I missed her floppy ears!

She would not obey the rule about not getting on the furniture. She was like a princess, she would not lay on the floor! Even when we would go camping she would sit in a chair! She hated the ground.

Buddies!

(I wish these pictures didn't have her ears cropped) They would be so cute! She had to wear those for like 6 weeks to hold her ears up.

Regan and his girl.



We always wondered why she was so skinny. Her parents weighed like 70 & 80 pounds. They were huge! I was terrified of them when we went to pick her up. And she always ate so much too.

I had to hold her in this picture...she would not sit still. EVER!

And she always loved to lay on us. She would usually sleep at the end of our bed on top of my feet keeping me warm all night. Or she would end up on Kaden's bed with him.

She was lots of fun but lots of hard work too. We both worked full time and she was left home all by herself most of the day. Which we felt really guilty for. And anytime we wanted to go on vacation or leave for a few days it was always a struggle finding someone to watch her. We left her with my brother one week while we went out of town and when we came back she acted like she wanted to stay with him. It actually broke our hearts! She honestly was so much happier with my brother. So we let him have her. Which I was both sad and happy about. But after watching that movie it makes me think...Can I do it again?????? Regan just laughs at me, so we'll see.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those are such cute pictures, my friend said after watching that movie she also wanted a dog. I guess that's one movie we won't be seeing!
Big HUGS,
Grammy
Nicholle said…
I remember Maddie. She is a cutie dog! Remember your neighbor getting mad at her for her "presents" she would leave on his lawn? hahah
Anonymous said…
I'll make sure that we don't watch it either! She was a cute dog!!

Caitlin
Anonymous said…
she was a very cute dog! we have a boxer..our first boxer & he is absolutley amazing!! he's just barely a year but is huge & doesn't mind the furniture rule either. must be a boxer thing.
tori said…
HAHAHAHA! I remember those times! Cute pics. You definately need to do it again, the boys need a dog. We have Cecil, and are getting him a friend in about a week.. (so, yes.. 2 weenie dogs) -Tori
Wow, look how little Kaden is in those pics!! So adorable. I remember Maddie too. I think you should give it another try. You will love it...
shannan maio said…
That was such a great movie, but so sad at the end! Dogs are awesome and kids seem to enjoy them a little more then we do sometimes.
I've been sitting here looking at your blog and it made me miss you guys so much! I'm so sad that I have miss the boys growing up. We need to make a trip out there soon!
Love you guys....Sas
Ruthie said…
I can't believe I didn't cry when I looked at the pictures. You know I got attached to Maddie too. I love the old pictures of Kaden. Good times. I agree with Sas, sad to miss the boys growing up. Don't get a dog. You know you'll be sorry.

Love ya!
Mom

Popular Posts