Best Friend



Kaden came home from school and showed me a booklet he had made titled "All About Me". When he got to the page that said My Best Friend, he had Preston's name there. Preston is his best friend from Utah. I ask him everyday if he has fun at school and if he has made any friends. He always says "yes mom". But it lookes like he hasn't been able to find a best friend that compares to Preston!

Preston you are the coolest best friend ever!

*(I do have to admit something, Kohen woke me up during the night around 2am. As I was trying to go back to sleep I thought about what Kaden had put in his book about his best friend. And I started to cry. I rarely cry, being surrounded by boys for the last 8 years I have learned to hold in my emotions! I guess it was just the mom in me, this move has turned me back into an emotional girl again. I can cry at any given moment over the dumbest thing.)*

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kaden, sometimes our bestest friends live a long way away but no matter what they'll always be there for us because they are our true friends and when you see each other again it will be like you never left. We love you.

Grammy
Ruthie said…
You have always been able to make friends. You get along with everyone it seems like. You are such a fun kid to be around. Shan get used to crying as a mom. It never ends. Good luck.

Love ya lots!
Grandma
Anonymous said…
Kaden,

My best friend lives in another state and I only get to talk to him once in a while. But, you know, we are still best friend and I know he loves me.

Maybe one day me and my best friend can spend more time with each other just like you and Preston can some day. But the other good thing is all the other friends I have made since, and how nice it is to see them.

Papa B.
Sutton Family said…
Girl. I know how that feels. Being away and surviving on your own without the comfort of family made me a big baby! Ialways was crying when we lived in Idaho. It will get better and you will become stronger. Your a great mom and you have the right to a good cry EVERDAY!!
We miss you.
Love Mindi
Anna said…
if it makes you feel better I cry all the time too! However, I have always been like that. I can only imagine what is like to move so far from everything that you know as home. You are tough!
geeze! my me get all teary, he'll make a new best friend, you know it and i know it.
Anonymous said…
Hey Kaden,

Preston misses you a ton! He loves his new school, but says it would be better if Kaden was there with him. We can't wait to see you guys, hopefully it will be soon!

Love,
The Starkies

Popular Posts