Sweet Corn Festival



Regan heard about this Sweet Corn Festival from a guy at his work. We decided to go and experience small town fun in Adel Iowa. What's really cool about it is you get to eat as much corn as you want, and it's free! We love our corn!

We also saw some missionaries and stopped to talk to them for a minute. It was nice to see "familiar faces". They were from Mallad Idaho so we joked with them about the humidity here. It was one of the hottest days so far that I have experienced, we had sweat dripping off of us. Here are some pictures from the festival...




The line for the free corn. It looks bad but it only took a few minutes to get the corn.


They had tables with butter, salt & pepper, toothpicks and paper towels to use.


The firemen from each town battle to see who can push the barrel to the other side first. The boys loved this and it helped to cool us off.









It was a fun experience and we have to say that we really like this small town! I wish I could describe the feeling of the small town country feel, old historic buildings, cobblestone streets and lots of tall trees everywhere. Loved it!

Comments

Ruthie said…
I'm starving and the corn looks really delicious. Wish we were there to have some. I'm glad you like being there so far.
Love ya!
Grandma and Mom
looks like iowa has some fun thing goin' on.
i love the pics where you only bring out 1 color...i wish my camera did that!
Maybe I could start a corn day here in West Jordan, it looks so good. I love corn on the cob!! I'm glad you guys are liking it out there. I think I would like the small town country feel too. Sometimes I wonder...
Anonymous said…
I love the pictures Shan, but Kaden, how did you eat the corn with no front teeth...

Love
Grammy
jenjamin said…
It is so fun exploring a new city! We have been in the same boat. We just moved to Austin and we too are getting use to the humidity but feel like I live in a forest because it is so green. I am happy for you, you will have wonderful memories. KIT
Jill said…
Yummo corn! I love that first picture in black and white and the colored corn. Great job.
Brooke said…
I think you moved away right as I was visiting! Are you going to Utah for Christmas at all?
Nicole said…
okay, that corn looks delicious... i need to go buy some corn on the cob! the pictures of the festival look like so much fun!

Popular Posts