Still hangin' in there

The feeling that we are on a vacation is now over. We now know that we are here for good and sometimes that's a scary feeling!

Regan had to come home from work Tuesday afternoon because my car wouldn't start. And you know I have a half hour drive up to Kaden's school to pick him up so I was really nervous. After looking at the car Regan determines that it's the battery. I called my friend Jen to see if she could pick up Kaden for me since it was too late for me to get there in time. Being the sweetheart that she is, she said "Don't worry about him, I'll just drop him off at your place on my way to Costco." We decide to find an auto store without checking mapquest first. Don't ask me why! Iowa doesn't like to have too many stores and it's usually hard to find a particular store. After about 10 minutes we find one. It's about 100$ and my first thought was "ok let's get it". Then the guy says, "you might be able to find one at Walmart for a lot cheaper". So being the cheapskates that we are we drove to the ONE Walmart that we know of. What do you know, the battery we needed was sold out. On our last visit here we remembered there was another Walmart pretty close to where we were. We start driving to look for it. After 15 minutes I start saying "why don't we ask someone where it is?" But we keep driving and driving and driving(sometimes in circles). Meanwhile, Jen was on her way to bring Kaden home for us and was almost there. We head back home to pick him up and FINALLY check mapquest for this Walmart that we feel no longer exists. We were so close so many times! All is fine now, the car is fixed, it was the battery.(Which by the way cost us 75$ at Walmart and after adding in the time and gas, it was about the same price as the first one we looked at!)

And that's what I mean about scary! I always had someone I could call back home for help, which 99% of the time was Mom :) I am so thankful that Jen is always there to help me and my family without hesitation. There have been a few times that I just wouldn't have made it through the day without her help! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, to all of you that help me and have helped me so many times!

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh Shanna, you just got a taste of what living away from family feels like. And at times it can be tough. But it's okay. You'll amaze yourself at the things you can do. Let your friends help you when needed. That's why they are friends. You'll manage.

And can we all give Shan's friend Jen A BIG SHOUT OUT for being there for her! From Shan's family, we thank Jen for being your Iowa family. Thanks Jen.

loves,
Addy
Ruthie said…
Tell Jen thank you from me too. I worry about you and the boys while Regan is at work. We both helped each other out. You'll be fine though. You're tough. Hang in there it will get better.

Love ya!
Mom
I'm so glad you commented on my blog, I have to admit, I found yours from Adrienne's and have been reading it for about 2 months. I hope things are going well for you there.
Adrienne said…
Shan,
We miss you!! I am happy that you have such a sweet friend in Iowa to help you when you need it. It will take time, but you will make more friends and they will feel like your family. I love too see what you are up to, the Fair looked so fun! Tell Kaden "hi" from Seth, We hope he is loving 2nd grade.
Love you!!
Adrienne

Popular Posts