The Iowa State Fair



I guess the Iowa State Fair is the largest fair in the country. I can see why, there were millions of people there. We met up with our friends Mike and Jen Syme and followed the kids around. We forgot our stroller so we had to rent a dolphin stroller, which was probably a good thing because Kohen actually stayed in it this time! I didn't get too many pictures, I was too worried about losing the kids. And I was going to take some pictures of the Syme family so you guys can see who they are, but like I said, I was too worried about losing the kids.

They have amazing food at the fair. Our favorites: deep fried twinkies, deep fried oreos, deep fried vegetables (pretty much anything you want deep fried), funnel cakes and Regan's favorite the Grinder.

We started out at the petting zoo. Then we looked at the largest pig weighing 1300 lbs. and a bull. I can't remember how much it weighed, but it was huge. I took pictures but they look disgusting so I didn't add them to the slideshow! Then Kaden went on the horse rides and the big slide with Brayden. After 5 hours we were done and we didn't even get to see everything.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like you had a fun time at the fair! I bet you were done after 5 hours. Did you try the deep fried pineapple, we heard about that hear in Utah. Kaden do you still love the horse rides?

Love
Grammy
Brooke said…
I love deep fried twinkies and deep fried veggies. I never heard of them until I came here and they are at all the summer festivals. They might be the reason I'm a little chunky.
Jill said…
Looks like fun, sounds yummy. Now that is good livin'!
Janae said…
It sounds like you guys are having fun. I haven't cleaned for a month now and I am loving it.
Wow, that's a fat girls dream come true! Deep fried everything?!?!?
Sutton Family said…
Looks like you are having a great time in Iowa! Will we be seeing you soon for Melissa's wedding? Hope so!!
Nicole said…
well so far, iowa looks pretty cool! you've had some fun pictures and done some really neat things! :)
Hey Shanna! I hope you remember me. We are K-town lifers.. ha ha. Good times had by all in Kearns! I came across your blog and just wanted to say first of all, you have an ADORABLE family! And hello!
Kaci Morgan said…
Hey Shanna, it's Kaci. I just wanted to say that I missed you when Jamie came to visit teach me today! But it looks like you and your family are adjusting well to the move. That is so great! I am happy for you guys and wish you the best! BTW, what is your email and I will send you an invite to my blog?

Popular Posts