Artwork?!?!

We have a very creative and mischievous 1 year old on our hands. We definitely got spoiled with Kaden, we aren't used to dealing with a child that has a mind of his own!

These pictures explain it all. I was making dinner while the kids were watching T.V. harmless right? Well, Kohen comes running up to me saying "Color Mommy". I look at the couch and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Black pen was all over the couch, on the arm, the cushion and he even managed to get one of the pillows. These were my first thoughts: Where did he get the pen from? How do I get this out? Regan is gonna kill me! And why didn't Kaden notice that he had a pen, it happened right in front of his face! But I actually took a calm approach and didn't yell or get mad, or blame anyone. It may have been because Kaden's friend was at the house, luckily for him! To make matters worse Regan comes walking in the door. Kohen of course runs up to him all cute and innocent. I said you won't think he's so cute after you see this! And the first words out of Regan's mouth were "What the HELL" pardon the french, but it could've been alot worse. So we start by just trying to get it off with a wet rag. We were told by the so called "salesman" at RC Willey that you can get anything out of a microfiber couch, including pen. He even wrote on the couch with a pen and magically it disappeared. But for some reason this wasn't working for me. This whole time Kohen keeps looking at the couch saying "Color Mommy, uh-oh" So I decide to search for an answer on google. I LOVE GOOGLE! It is my lifesaver. I find a site that says Purell hand sanitizer will remove the ink out of microfiber. It is a miracle, it worked! So for those of you that may run into this problem don't forget the Purell hand sanitizer!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMGosh shan. I hate that. You know hairspray takes it out too. Trust me I know. Karter got red pen on our microfiber couch and it took it right out. I will try Purell next time.
Glad to hear it came out.

Hide all the pens for fear it will happen again! :)

He still IS really cute!

ADDY
Anonymous said…
Looks like you've got a "Jackson" too, but we still love him! Hang in there, I keep telling myself that and hope it's a stage he's going thru.

Love,
Holly
Janae said…
That little cute stinker! I am glad that it came out. Why do they always do things like that when we are trying to make dinner?

Popular Posts