I feel guilty




It all started on Monday. Kohen is pretty good at making me lose my patience, but this week was worse than usual. And for those of you that have heard Kohen's "Pteradactyl Scream" , I had to hear it all day long all week. I was pretty frustated to tears most nights by the time he went to bed. Each day I would wake up hoping that it would be better than the last, but it was just getting worse. And I was beginning to think that I was a terrible mother. So Friday comes, he is still screaming and very clingy. I decide to take him to the doctor, just in hopes that something is wrong with this kid, cuz I am losing it. He didn't have any noticeable symptoms at this time(no fever, no rash), so I figured we would just be sent home with the doctor telling me that nothing is wrong with him. She checks him out and tells me that he has foot & mouth disease and an ear infection. Which is bad news for Kohen, but good news for mom. It proves that I am not crazy after all and at least we know what is wrong with the little guy. Then a couple of days later he developed this rash. We don't know if it is from the antibiotic or the foot and mouth infection. So we switched antibiotics & hopefully our little munchkin will be back to normal soon. All of us feel guilty for losing our patience with him this week, so we spoiled him with popcorn at Target and he got any toy that he wanted! It just goes to prove that when you think something is wrong with your child it probably is!

Comments

Sutton Family said…
Shan..I'm right there with ya girl. I'm usually in tears by the end of the day...kids are so hard!! I don't know what our mothers were thinking!!!
Anonymous said…
Ohhhh little Kohen. I wish I could have been there to relieve you. I hope he is feeling better. Foot and Mouth disease is a real thing?! I thought it was made up!!! Shan, I feel so bad for little buddy. I hope this week is WAAAAAAY better for you. If not, ship him my way.

Tell Kohen I say Hi

Addy

Popular Posts