I doN't UndErStanD wHy sOmetiMes...

I got really lucky when I first started working for JetBlue....I graduated with Class 96 and met some great people! Some of us from our class still try to get together at least once a month to eat lunch and discuss our crazy calls that we get from customers. (Like the guy that always calls in and asks us if we wrestle our husbands or the lady that called me a desperate Utah housewife.) I could go on and on.... Anyway one of my friends from my class was just diagnosed with brain cancer. What the heck! Stage 4 Brain cancer, out of nowhere! It isn't fair, she is the sweetest, nicest person I have ever met! Her youngest daughter just graduated high school this year. She has so much to live for and I have learned a lot from her. I called her up at the hospital to see how she was doing after her surgery and the first thing she asks me is how MY family is doing? She is just that type of person, more concerned about me than about what she just went through. She didn't even complain to me about ONE thing, she was so upbeat about life and she knows she can beat it! I wouldn't doubt it! I hope I can live my life like her, to be grateful for where I am and to not complain about what I can't handle at the moment.
I also received more sad news that same day my friend was diagnosed with brain cancer, my aunt was going through a miscarriage and I know it was very hard for her. Both women have been a strength to me and I am so proud of both of them for being who they are!

“Once you choose hope, anything is possible.”

—Christopher Reeve

Comments

when stuff like this happens to people i love its so so hard, but i just have to remember that the Lord will not give sombody a struggle that they can't handle... as hard as that is for us to grasp, its true! :)
Sutton Family said…
Seriously...I'm crying right now. That is just horrible news and I wish your friend nothing but prayers and peace. Sorry Shan.
Ruthie said…
That's why it's so important to make the best of every day. Love your family and friends more. Let the little things just roll off your back. Keep frustration for the big things. Even then life is too short to dwell on stuff. Love ya lots.

Popular Posts